While I am clinically trained to help people with a range of emotional issues, I have a particular interest in the following areas.
- Social anxiety, and its links with personality style.
- Anger, and finding healthy ways to express it. I have a passion for helping men to maintain a potent masculinity, while also developing safe and loving relationships.
- Creativity and its incorporation into work and everyday life.
- Sexuality, including issues related to pornography. Through my clinical experience at the New Zealand Aids Foundation I am also interested in supporting people who are exploring their sexual identity.
- Virtual environments, video gaming, and the ways in which we represent ourselves through digital technology.
- Blended families, sole parenting, and step-parenting.
I have completed my clinical training component in the Masters of Psychotherapy programme at AUT University. I am currently finishing my dissertation.
Graduate Diploma Health Science, Psychotherapy Pathway. AUT University.
Masters of Fine Arts. Auckland University, Elam School of Fine Arts.
Bachelor of Fine Arts. Auckland University, Elam School of Fine Arts.
I am registered with PBANZ.